Please carefully read the requirements below to ensure that
your visit is as fast and efficient as possible.
Call the Eckhert Location (210) 523-7483 that offers driving tests (non-commercial vehicles) for information and questions. (Class C licenses) only, NOT for commercial drivers. Both test included for the $60.00 fee.
Pay the $60 fee via the PayPal button above. (All credit cards accepted, no PayPal account needed), then call the Eckhert location and schedule your appointment.
Who can schedule a driving test?
A teenager who has held a valid Texas learner license for six months and is at least 16 years of age OR
An adult who has:
o Already applied for a driver license AND
o Has passed the knowledge test.
If you do not fall into one of these categories, please visit a driver license office to schedule a driving test appointment.
Preparing For Your Driving Test
To make sure you have everything you need for your visit, please carefully review what you will need to apply for a driver license and bring the following items to your appointment:
1. Your Texas learner license or Texas driver license with B restriction;
2. The driving test fee or the payment receipt if you have already paid.
3. If you are younger than 25, proof of driver education. Depending on the type of class you took, you will need one of these documents:
a. Texas Driver Education Certificate (DE-964) from a certified driving school;
b. Parent Taught Driver Education Affidavit (DL-90B) and driving logs (classroom log and behind-the-wheel log); OR
c. Adult Driver Education Certificate (ADE-1317);
4. If you are under 18, a Verification of Enrollment (VOE) form, high school diploma or GED;
5. Proof of current liability insurance for the vehicle to be used for the road test; AND
6. Any individual who has completed a teen driver education course must complete the ITTD requirements
New rule: Teens and Adults under 25 must complete the ITTD